Science Your Way To A Better Aged Cocktail
In this article, written for PUNCH, we explore how to apply the learnings and techniques used in cocktail bars around the world to your experiments in cocktails at home.
Along with the basics, the main rules to follow are:
- Make sure there’s enough ABV -
- Make sure it tastes good to start with -
- Tread lightly with fresh ingredients -
- Sterilize your equipment -
- Age in different containers -
- Age in different places -
- Have a plan of how long to leave it -
In the guide there's information on what I've tried along the way, what equipment you'll need, a step by step guide and some recipes that are curated just for ageing.
Click here to read the full article!